19/20 Lib Skate Banana, the board that started it all.
Yep if it wasn't for the advent of the Skate Banana, most probably all our snowboards would look the same, straight camber. The Mervin braintrust decided to "bend" a board the opposite way, blending Magne-Traction into it, making a board that held a ridiculous edge, was almost impossible to catch an edge, and most importantly, rode much deeper snow with ease. Kaboom, innovation central! Some people still think of the Skate Banana as just a jib board, but ask Austin Sweetin..he reckons the SB is one of the best all round boards he has ever ridden. Lib has added the board into it's all mountian freestyle section this year, a tribute to its verstatility. Fresh new graphics from Lib Ripper Brandon Reis, the board will take you from the park, to eye watering groomies, and every side hit you can squeeze in.
Viva la Banana!
The BTX rocker makes for a playful yet predictable ride on any terrain, but truly excels as a jibbing machine. The Skate Banana has UHMW sidewalls and Tip/Tail impact deflection for durability, and Magne-Traction edges ensure bite and confidence on icy days in between dumps. From newer riders to seasoned vets who like the feel of a fully rockered board, the Lib Tech Skate Banana BTX Snowboard will make your playful riding style shine.
What makes this board tick?
- Camber Type: OB - Original Banana - Mild rocker between your feet with mild camber to the tip and tail makes this the best camber profile to progress your riding. Learn to ride on day 1or learn new tricks every day. Holds an edge on hardpack, floats in powder, and jibs everything.
- Flex: 5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
- Shape: Twin - This twin shape is the same tip to tail, and can perform just as well in switch as it does regular.
- Core: OP - Original Power - Light, environmentally nice, strong. Combines 75% Aspen and 25% Paulownia woods with Triax and Biax Fibreglass for a great long lasting ride.
- Base: Eco Sublimated TNT - Fast, strong, low maintenance, and environmentally friendly.
- Mounting Pattern: 2x4 inserts
- Magnetraction - 7 strategically placed serrations along the edges of the board grip onto the snow and hold a strong edge in any condition.
- Eco Sublimated Poly Top - This topsheet is made using an eco-friendly sublimation process.
- Birch Internal Sidewalls
- UHMW Sintered Sidewalls
- UHMW Tip/Tail Impact Deflection