The perfect freeride, powder board fit for an advanced-expert level rider.
Inspired by the extremely summery vibes of beautiful Costa Rica, the Yes Hybrid Uninc is the ultimate freeriding powder stick for anyone that loves to hold those long drawn out turns while slashing their way all over the mountain. The Directional Camrock gives this board the absolute best of both worlds in terms of float, response and manoeuvrability, while the Tapered Underbite gives a whole new meaning of edge control.
What makes this board tick?
· Directional, Freeride, Powder
· Directional Camrock – The Response of camber with the floatability of rocker. Camber between your feet keeps your contact points firm on the ground as you transition between your turns, allowing you to keep hold of those edges for longer. Once the camber flattens out under your back foot the rocker will lift the nose, allowing the board to float and project itself through the powder.
· Flex – 7 (1 Soft – 10 Stiff)
· Tapered Underbite – The sides of the board are split into 3 distinct sections and step horizontally inward rather than tapering. Traditional ‘tapered boards’ gradually pull the tail inward throughout the entire sidecut, this means the rail toward the tail of the board is pulling away from your turning arc which can result in you washing out. The Tapered Underbite corrects this by increasing the sidecut depth as you move towards the tail which creates a ‘corrective hook’ to the taper.
· Core – Poplar/Paulownia/Bamboo – Creating a lighter, more responsive core than the full Poplar. The Poplar + Bamboo uses the same durable core, lightens it up by replacing 30% of the Poplar with Paulownia and then inserts two bamboo stringers down the full length for added pop and response
· Laminates – Triaxal Glass + XPIC 202 On Tail
· Sintered True Base – Harder and more expensive than extruded bases and can be faster for the more aggressive rider.