Burton Cartographer 2024
Burton Cartographer 2024
Not just for RAD DADS!
The 2024 Burton Cartographer is a big mountain freeride board at heart without the high-end price tag. This new addition to the Burton range blends stability and float from its mid-flexing core and directional, tapered camber shape, giving you both stability and edge control when carving but float in powder when it is needed. If you are looking for your first big mountain board that can handle any condition, any day, no matter how deep the snow, the Cartographer will help you map out the best runs on the mountain with ease.
What makes this board tick?
- Board Type: All Mountain / Powder
- Camber Type: (Directional Camber) The original, tried and true camber type, and the advocate of powerful turns and poppy precision. Traditional camber is the most aggressive camber type, offering unmatched power, response, and edge control. Directional Camber puts rocker in the nose of the board, adding extra float in powder while retaining the response and stability of traditional camber.
- Flex: 5.5/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff) Directional Flex - This board is constructed differently from nose to tail, putting more pop in the tail and strengthening the nose, allowing you to easily maintain control and charge through a variety of snow conditions.
- Shape: (Directional) This board has a shape designed specifically for freeriding, featuring a longer and wider nose and a shorter, 5mm tapered tail which combine to give you effortless float in powder and better performance riding forwards.
- Core: FSC Certified Super Fly 800G - Light and loaded with Pop, this core uses dual-species wood in dual density vertical laminations to reduce weight and stay strong. Dualzone EGD - The wood grain of the core is positioned along the heel and toe edge in two unbroken zones perpendicular to the rest of the core, which gives consistent edge hold and strength. Triax Fibreglass - This triaxial fibreglass creates a versatile flex and consistent response for performance across all types of snowboarding. Squeezebox - Squeezebox consists of thicker, more powerful sections combined with thinner, more flexible sections profiled throughout the core. This enhances energy transfer and makes the board snappier and more stable.
- Base: (Sintered) This base made from a durable and highly porous base material that provides added strength and wax absorption for long lasting glide.