Jones Aviator 2.0 2024
Jones Aviator 2.0 2024
High flying performance
Ideal for high performance all-mountain charging and carving
The completely re-designed Aviator is a hard charging directional twin built for expert all-mountain riders who like to rail turns and stomp airs anywhere on the mountain.
This new edition of the Aviator was designed in collaboration with Jones team riders Victor de le Rue and Jimmy Goodman. What sets the Aviator apart is its TRUE CAMBER profile. Victor and Jimmy swear by the power of full camber for edging on steeps and landing tricks on the tail. The Aviator also features a 3D Contour Base 2.0, Triax Fiberglass, Sustainable Flax/Basalt stringers, an ECO-Plastic topsheet and Traction Tech 3.5 edges. The 3D Contour Base starts after the contact point and helps eliminate edge catch and improve turn fluidity while the Triax fiberglass and stringers under the Eco-Plastic topsheet suck up board chatter and offer supreme pop and lightning fast response to your every movement.
Art by: RP Roberts
What makes this board tick?
- Flax/Basalt power stringers: made with 100% sustainable and natural fibres help transfer power to the edges and absorb board chatter.
- Premium sintered base.
- Koroyd: Absorbs vibrations and adds response, at a fraction of the weight of other damping core materials.
- Built for Skate Tech bindings: The Traction Tech Edge bump pattern aligns perfectly with NOW Skate Tech bindings for unreal response and edge grip.
- Forever Flex: Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of the board for its lifetime.
- Wood Core: Triple-density full wood core featuring hardwood bamboo stringers for added pop and durability plus paulownia for weight savings.
- True Camber: A traditional full camber profile that offers the insane edge response of camber without the usual hang-ups. The camber radius tapers into the beveled 3D Contour Base at the tips which releases the edges where they like to hook and balances the pop and directional stability of camber with a looser, less-catchy feel.
- Traction Tech 3.5: features three bumps per edge (front binding, board center, back binding). The middle bump is slightly bigger than the outside bumps for better grip.
- 3D Contour Base 2.0: Moderate 3D-base contours featuring an even balance of 4mm spoon bevel in the nose and 4mm spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.