Based on the award winning women’s Storm, the all new Thunder is a men’s directional freeride board built to handle it all. Strap this beast under your feet and get ready to ride lightning.
What makes this board tick?
· 6/10 Flex
· 3D Shape: Freeride 3BT has narrow centre base and substantial sidebase uplift. The focus here is on edge control and versatility. These shapes have proven to be functional and competent in all conditions. Floating better than other brand’s powder specific boards yet holding an unbelievable edge while carving on slopes.
· Dynamic Camber
· 3BT Triple Base Technology: The lifted sidebase areas at the widest points of the board make a lot of sense. The boards turn smoother and faster and it helps when you are not completely clean on your landings.
· Sidekick: Dramatically increases the sidebase uplift at the widest points of the nose and tail. This makes turn initiation even smoother, increases float in powder and handling of the board in rough terrain.
· Super Tubes: Hollow carbon bore upgrades that are inserted into the core in 3 different configurations. The hollow carbon tubes greatly increase the woodcore’s pop and reduce weight.
· Triax Laminate: A three-way weave of fiberglass is light, strong and responsive, used to beef up the flex pattern.
· Light Core: Bataleon’s 50-50 Swiss paulownia and poplar woods blend for optimal strength to weight properties.
· Carbon Stringers: The type and placement of fiberglass greatly influences a board’s flex and riding characteristics. Boards are built with a layer of fiberglass above and below the woodcore.
· Hyper Glide S: A standard sintered base that’s tough, fast, and even faster when waxed.
· Solid Walls: We use tried and trusted ABS sidewalls for most of the collection. For the best flex to strength