The Burton Ripcord is designed to accelerate beginners and intermediates into more advanced riding situations.
A directional shape makes easy work of any terrain or snow condition, while the added stability and catch-free feel of Flat Top™ with Easy Bevel puts you in the pilot’s seat. A softer, more playful flex make this an easier going alternative to other directional boards, with a performance-oriented ride that gives you more room to grow than you’ll get with most entry level options. The Channel gives you the easiest stance setup and adjustments possible with compatibility that works with bindings from all major brands (not just Burton’s).
What makes this board tick?
Flat Top with easy bevel – Rising rider or seasoned pro, keep your game high and tight with the flat top. A flat profile between the feet means stability, better balance, and continuous edge control. The tip and tail kick up with an early ride outside the feet for the catch-free, loose feeling you’d expect from rocker.
- Directional Shape – The classic snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose that tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
- 5mm Taper Shape – A tapered shape means the nose is wider than the tail, promoting smooth turn entry and exit, stability at speed and enhanced deep snow floatation. Look for different amounts of taper throughout the line.
- Directional Flex - This flex features increased pop in the tail and a more resilient nose that allows riders to easily maintain control through all terrain and conditions.
- Fly 900G Core – Our classic tip-to-tail wood core, the 900G model utilizes the best of the two wood species to lighten the load by 10% without sacrificing flex, pop or strength.
- Squeezebox Low Core – Profiled core easier board control, more energy and pop. With an overall easier feel, squeezebox low brings high-end core profiling technology to the progressing rider. Stiffer zones just outside your feet create a more direct energy transfer to the tip and tail, while enabling a softer, smoother flex between the bindings. The end result is more control with less effort from the rider.
- Biax Fiberglass – Features a jib-friendly, torsionally soft flex and forgiving, park-friendly feel.
- Extruded Base – Speed and strength in a base that requires little maintenance. Pass your friends without even waxing
- The Channel – Stronger, Faster, Easier and Designed to help dial-in the perfect stance for you.
- Super Sap Epoxy – Super Sap is a resin formulated with bio-based materials that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional all-petroleum-based epoxies. Less oil consumption means even less of a carbon footprint per board, which is good in our book.
- Easy Bevel – Easy bevel gives riders an incredibly soft and forgiving board that’s virtually impossible to catch an edge on. With a convex base that lifts the edges off the snow and a super soft flex, these boards make it easy to learn balance and board control. A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.