Alternative all-mountain charger
Ideal for creative freeriding and freestyle
The Mind Expander is an alternative all-mountain board that wants to slash every terrain feature in sight. Surf shaper Chris Christenson and Jeremy Jones designed the Mind Expander for the creative rider who draws lines blending freestyle, freeride and surf styles.
For playful float in pow, the Mind Expander features a Surf Rocker profile, a 3D Contour Base 3.0 and a hybrid directional shape. The blunted nose, full size tail and tight sidecut offer the nimble maneuverability of a directional board matched with the freestyle abilities of a directional twin. The Mind Expander also features a Bamboo Surf Core and Basalt Power Stringers for better edge response and Rounded Recycled ABS Sidewalls for improved topsheet durability. For added speed and stance options, the Mind Expander has a Sintered 8000 base and Carve Pack inserts that offer a more centered stance for ripping hard pack.
What makes this board tick?
- Flax/Basalt power stringers: made with 100% sustainable and natural fibres help transfer power to the edges and absorb board chatter.
- Premium sintered 8000 base.
- Forever Flex: Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of the board for its lifetime.
- Bamboo Surf Core: Re-designed triple density Bamboo Surf wood core that features primarily paulownia stringers with bamboo stringers positioned in the pocket of the sidecut for better edge response and turn power.
- Christenson Surf Rocker: Custom tip/tail rocker profile designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson for the Mind Expander, Mountain Surfer and Storm Chaser. The nose rocker starts just inside of the front inserts and the tail rocker starts just at the back inserts. When you weight the tail of the board the nose ramps up out of the snow for insane float on the deepest days. These subtle rocker contours match a Christenson surfboard rocker profile.
- Traction Tech 2.0: Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
Traction Tech is a critical feature for rockered boards. Rocker improves glide in mixed conditions, but the decreased edge contact makes it harder to really lock into your turns and hold a solid edge. Traction Tech is crucial to offset the edge drift of rocker. - Jeremy Jones
- 3D Contour Base 3.0: Freeride focused 3D-base contours featuring an even balance of 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose and 7mm of spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.