The Frontier is a directional freeride board designed to be the perfect daily driver for the playful all-mountain shredder.
Featuring a floaty, freeride nose matched with a freestyle, the tail, the Frontier is ideal for pow days, park days and every day in between. The Frontier’s Directional shape, Directional Rocker profile and Traction Tech 2.0 edges provide confident stability riding through tech terrain or rough snow while the spooned nose+tail edges on the 3D Contour Base 1.0 reduce edge catch and make it easy to turn in tight terrain. The Frontier offers high performance without skimping on materials as it’s built with our new Sintered 8000 base, an Eco-plastic topsheet and a new Classic Core that is specially profiled between the feet for added pop.
What makes this board tick?
- Biax Fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- 3D Contour Base 1.0: Subtle yet effective 3D Contour Base featuring an even balance of 2mm spoon bevel in the nose and 2mm spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts just after the rocker point.
- Traction Tech 2.0: Improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board
- Progressive sidecut: delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition
- V-Core: Jones exclusive wood core profiling that offers a stable and playful board feel. The wood core is softer between the feet for easy turn initiation and stiffer in the nose and tail for stability riding through uneven terrain and landing airs.
- Directional Flex Pattern: The nose, centre of board and tail are slightly different stiffnesses to help lift the nose, sink the tail and improve stability at speed