Pre-order now, receive a $60 gift voucher!
We price match where possible and refunds available for change of mind on pre-orders. Boards land end of April.
The Focused Freeride Twin. The Mountain Twin is a versatile directional twin designed for playful shredders who want one board that can ride-it-all.
The Mountain Twin is built to shred the whole mountain like it’s an endless skatepark without sacrificing float in pow or stability for bombing lines. Jones have completely redesigned the shape of the Mountain Twin for 2021 by adding a more blunted tip profile, a 3D Contour Base 2.0 and Traction Tech 3.0 edges. The blunt tips reduce weight, Traction Tech keeps you locked in on firm snow and the 3D Contour Base makes every turn more effortless. With a mid-stiff twin flex and a CamRock profile the Mountain Twin Excels at poppin’ pillows and pressin’ boxes while it’s also an easy board to turn and finesse in tight terrain. To complete the redesign we upgraded to our new super fast and durable Sintered 8000 base and added stance options with our new Freestyle/Freeride Stance pack.
What makes this board tick?
· Flex 7 (1=soft / 10=stiff)
· 3D Contour Base 2.0: Moderate 3D-base contours featuring an even balance of 4mm spoon bevel in the nose and 4mm spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.
· Traction Tech 3.0: Features three bumps per edge (front binding, board centre, back binding). The middle bump is slightly bigger than the outside bumps for better grip.
· Progressive sidecut: At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
· Twin Flex Pattern: Balanced flex pattern with equal stiffness and torsional response in the nose and tail.
· V-core: Jones exclusive wood core profiling that offers a stable and playful board feel. The wood core is softer between the feet for easy turn initiation and stiffer in the nose and tail for stability riding through uneven terrain and landing airs.
· Camrock: A unique rocker/camber flex pattern defined by evenly balanced tip and tail rocker and camber between the bindings. Camrock improves freestyle finesse by keeping your tips playful while maintaining the power and pop of camber underfoot.
· Sintered 8000 Base: New super durable material made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and carbon. Base is easily repairable, highly wax absorbent and wicked fast.
· Biax Fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
· Forever Flex: A new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime
· Freeride/Freestyle Pack: Allows option to centre or set back stance on sidecut as conditions demand.
· Bio Resin: A bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organic raw materials used to make bio-resin are co-products or waste products of plant-based industrial processes. Bio-resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
· Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
· Recycled ABS Sidewalls: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improve the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
· Eco-Plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
· Control Core: Dual-density full premium wood core featuring a 2:1 paulownia to poplar stringer ratio that keeps core light but ultra-damp.